Brownfield Concerned Citizens (BCC) has created this website to provide information about upcoming meetings and votes on adopting a newly proposed Water Extraction Ordinance in the Town of Brownfield. The documents available here are designed to provide transparency during the ordinance development process, what proposed changes are being made for water extraction, and the reasoning behind these changes. Use the tabs above or click on the document title below to access each of the following documents:
INFORMATIONAL DOCUMENTS Quick Guide
- Q & A’s Concerning the New Proposed Ordinance – a quick Q & A reference document giving an overview of why a new Water Extraction Ordinance is being proposed, how it protects the town, what it does and does not cover, and how it will impact individuals.
- A History of the Water Ordinance Process – how we got where we are today.
- Brownfield Water Ordinances Comparison Chart – compares the current Water Extraction Ordinance (adopted in 2004) with the proposed 2019 Water Extraction Ordinance. This is the best place for a comparison of what is in place now and what is being proposed.
- We also hope to post the official proposed ordinance documents here to give you easy access, for those who wish to dig into the details!
UPCOMING PUBLIC HEARINGS
The proposed ordinance was approved by the Planning Board and forwarded to Selectmen on June 4, 2019. Selectmen have scheduled the following meetings:
* Public Hearing to review the ordinance for Tuesday, August 6th, 2019 at 6:00 PM;
* Special Town Meeting to vote on the proposed ordinance on Tuesday, August 20th, 2019 at 7:00 PM.